The fourth and (unfortunately final) season of Infinity Train (for now), titled “Duet” will be released on April 15. It will follow two lifelong friends – Ryan and Min – who are in a band together. They end up having the same number, something which hasn’t been seen before.
Owen Dennis said this season is going to be more self-contained and have a different tone than the past three seasons – but that could mean a lot of different things.
But let’s make some predictions anyway!
- This season will take place BEFORE Amelia takes over the train.
- Amelia will still make a short appearance by running into the boys.
- We’ll see what One-One was like before Amelia forcibly split them apart.
- Only one of them – judging by the trailer, it was Ryan – was supposed to get on the train
- Since they’re in a band, each episode will feature a song
- One of them is in love with the other. This is part of the reason why they’re on board the train.
- The other reason they’re aboard the train is that they have different visions for the direction of their band, which caused their relationship to fracture.
- There will be a fake-out death scene.
- One of the two will die, forced to sacrifice themself for the other. The roles from the fakeout death will be reversed for this.
- We’ll find out how passengers are picked.
2 thoughts on “10 Predictions for “Infinity Train” Season 4”
It definitely stinks to hear that this is Infinity Train’s final season, and I can only hope that HBOMax reverses course in due time. But that trailer… wow, this looks like it’s gonna be a fun way for the show to sign off.
It is interesting to see that, after last season being so heavy and dramatic, this looks like a lighter and possibly more optimistic book in contrast. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, and my inclinations could be totally off-base, but a part of me wonders if Owen Dennis made these tonal changes, in part, as a gamble to get the show renewed. Regardless, I’m excited to see how the crew implemented this shift.
Owen did say they changed the tone and style a bit for this one – maybe it was more to try something new or maybe it was to try and save the show. We might never know. I do think this looks a little lighter – but I still think we’re going to get some great dramatic moments